Birth Injury Solicitors in Blackpool
Our team of highly experienced birth injury solicitors, based in Blackpool, have decades of experience helping clients all over the UK to claim compensation for birth injuries, as well as other types of medical negligence, including misdiagnosis, late diagnosis, surgical mistakes and GP negligence.
As one of the UK’s leading medical negligence claims teams specialising in birth injuries, we have a strong track record of success, regularly handling multi-million pound compensation claims involving even the most complex and contentious cases.
Due to our expertise and experience, we are usually able to reach a settlement without the need for court action, making the process faster, less expensive and less stressful for you. We are frequently able to achieve success even when other birth injury solicitors have previously failed to do so.
To book an initial consultation with one of our specialist birth injuries solicitors in Blackpool, call us on 01253 766 559 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diane Rostron at Addies Solicitors
3 Olympic Court
Whitehills Business Park
How to find us
Our Blackpool law office is located on the edge of the town, near to the M55 and with ample on site parking, making us highly convenient to reach by car.
Our birth injury claims service in Blackpool
We can help guide you through the entire process of making a birth injury claim (or any other type of medical negligence claim), no matter where you are based in the UK. Our empathetic but practical approach is designed to make it as easy as possible to pursue compensation for your injury – a process that we appreciate many people can find intimidating.
Our birth injury claims team has a well-practiced process for resolving claims quickly, usually without the need for court action.
1. Initial consultation – Discussing the details of your case, how strong the chance of success is, how the case will proceed, what level of compensation you may be able to receive etc.
2. Applying for medical records – We will request your/your child’s records from the relevant health care provider – this usually takes around 2 months.
3. Establishing the facts – Reviewing your/your child’s medical records, your memory of what happened during the birth, consulting various independent medical experts and clearly setting out your case.
4. Sending a letter of notification – We will inform the relevant healthcare provider that you intend to bring a claim.
5. Conference of professional experts – Meeting with various medical experts, our junior barrister and often a Queen’s Counsel (QC) to explore the strengths and any weaknesses of your case so we can develop the strongest possible argument.
6. Sending a letter of claim – We will then set out your case in detail in writing, including how much compensation you are seeking, and send this to the defendant. Depending on the circumstances, it can take up to 12 months to reach this stage.
7. Receiving a letter of response – The defendant is supposed to reply within 4 months of receiving your letter of claim, either accepting full or partial liability for the medical negligence, or denying responsibility. If they accept responsibility, they may offer some level of compensation.
8. Dispute resolution – If the defendant does not accept liability, or you are not happy with the level of compensation offered, we can use non-confrontational dispute resolution methods, such as negotiation and mediation, to find a positive outcome. If this approach is unsuccessful or inappropriate for your circumstances, we can take court action to achieve a positive outcome.
Start a birth injury claim in Blackpool today
To start a birth injury claim anywhere in the UK, contact our Blackpool-based team by calling on 01253 766 559 or emailing us at email@example.com.