Birth Injury Solicitors in Fleetwood
Our Fleetwood-based birth injury claims team is one of the most experienced in the UK, with a track record of achieving success in even the most complex and contentious cases.
We have achieved multi-million pound settlements in a wide range of birth injury compensation cases for people all over the UK, as well as for other types medical negligence, including late diagnosis, misdiagnosis, surgical mistakes and GP negligence.
With our extensive experience and high level of skill in handling birth injury claims, we can normally reach a settlement without resorting to court action. Using non-confrontational dispute resolution, we can make the process of resolving a birth injury claim faster, less expensive and less stressful for you.
To book an initial consultation with one of our specialist birth injury solicitors in Fleetwood, call us on 01253 766 559 or email us at email@example.com.
Diane Rostron at Addies Solicitors
58-62 Adelaide Street
How to find us
Our Fleetwood law office can be found near to the seafront on Adelaide Street, close to the Victoria Street stop of the Blackpool tramway, making us easily accessible.
Our birth injury claims service in Fleetwood
Offering an empathetic but practical approach, our team can guide you through every step of making a medical negligence claim for a birth injury or any other type of clinical mistake. We aim to make the process as straightforward and stress-free as possible.
We use a Ministry of Justice approved process for resolving clinical negligence claims, which is designed to make it easier to resolve claims without the need for court action.
This process includes:
1. Initial consultation – Talking through the basics of your case, including what happened, the likelihood of a successful claim, the claims process and what level of settlement you might be able to achieve.
2. Applying for medical records – We will contact the relevant healthcare provider on your behalf to request copies of your records or your child’s records, which can take up to 2 months.
3. Establishing the facts – This includes looking over the relevant medical records, talking through your memories of what happened, consulting independent medical experts and establishing a clear account of your situation.
4. Sending a letter of notification – We will write to the relevant healthcare provider letting them know that you will be bringing a claim.
5. Conference of professional experts – Bringing together medical experts, our junior barrister and often a Queen’s Counsel (QC) to go through your case, identifying the strengths and any weaknesses and building the strongest possible argument.
6. Sending a letter of claim – We will produce a written account of your claim, specifying exactly what you believe happened, how this has affected you and/or your child and how much compensation you are seeking. We will then send this to the defendant on your behalf. It can take up to 12 months to reach this point.
7. Receiving a letter of response – The defendant should respond within 4 months of receiving your letter of claim. They will normally either accept full or partial liability or deny responsibility. They may make an offer of compensation if they accept liability.
8. Dispute resolution – If you are not satisfied with the defendant’s response, we will normally use non-confrontational dispute resolution methods, such as negotiation and mediation, to find a fair outcome. However, if this is not effective or appropriate for your circumstances, we can initiate court action to achieve a positive result.
Start a birth injury claim in Fleetwood today
To start a medical negligence claim anywhere in the UK, including for birth injury compensation, contact our Fleetwood-based team by calling on 01253 766 559 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.